[Ukfreebsd] is there a cvsup server (using csup) with IPV6 enabled?

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Fri Oct 17 14:55:40 BST 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:48:39 +0100
"tim matthews" <tmatthews at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I've tried using cvsup.uk.freebsd.org with csup -6 but it seems not
> to work.
>
> Is there somewhere an enabled IPV6 cvsup server?

csup supports IPv6, but it's not supported by the modulo2 cvsup which
still handles the server side, so it wont necessarily work even if you
find a server that appears to support IPv6.

However I think some people have cobbled together a workaround with
netcat, or something, on a few servers - you might try googling for it
if IPv6 is essential.