[Ukfreebsd] is there a cvsup server (using csup) with IPV6 enabled?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 17 14:44:13 BST 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, tim matthews wrote:

> I've tried using cvsup.uk.freebsd.org with csup -6 but it seems not to work.
>
> Is there somewhere an enabled IPV6 cvsup server?

There are IPv6-enabled servers, but unfortunately not cvsup.uk.freebsd.org.
Fixing this is on my TODO list, but took a step backwards rather than forwards
recently.  cvsupd does not support IPv6 natively, so people play redirect
games with netcat.  However, when I was about to set it up a week or so ago, I
found that IPv6 had broken entirely on the box :-).  Once I'm back from
EuroBSDCon I'll investigate further -- the box does have routed IPv6 but I
need to find a bit of time to futz with it.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge