[Ukfreebsd] Recommendation for email host

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Tue Oct 14 21:34:28 BST 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 17:26, Duncan Barclay wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm now wanting to retire my own home IMAP+Procmail server and after
> trying hosted exchange servers want to stick with IMAP.
>
> So can anyone recommend a suitable hosting company. I'd like IMAP,
> DNS hosting, procmail and ideally the ability to run some cron jobs
> that I have to tidy up spam folders etc.

I can suggest any of

1. a virtual server and self configuration or perhaps
2. fastmail.fm or
3. simplymailsolutions.com
4. google apps mail
5. http://www.apm-mailcore.net/

Although most of them don't do procmail or DNS>

I'd get one of the mail services above and combine
it with a low cost virtual server (or even maybe
an Amazon EC2 system)

- Mark