[Ukfreebsd] [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE Available (fwd)

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 29 21:50:18 GMT 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> Robert Watson wrote:
>> I'm sure you've received this already via other forums, but if not, here it
>> is -- 6.4, most likely the last release on the 6.x branch, is now out the
>> door. And one of the most exciting new features, our kernel NFS Lock
>> Manager (NLM) client, was developed here in the UK by Doug Rabson.
>
> I see as RELENG_7_1 was only tagged a few days ago we wont see the 7.1
> release until the new year??

Unclear.  I believe the plan is to cut RC1 this weekend (tomorrow?), so
assuming a week or so interval between release candidates, and 2-3 release
candidates without any major hitches, we could see the release in a couple of
weeks.  However, that depends on there being no major hitches...  Any release
candidate testing, and especially feedback (good or bad) would be most
welcome!

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge