[Ukfreebsd] apache and php

Ian Morrison ian at darq.net
Mon Nov 17 10:51:59 GMT 2008

Hi Steve,

Steve Brownjohn wrote:
> I've installed Apache 2.2 and php5 from updated ports (FreeBSD 6.3).
> I'm trying to set up a test site with drupal, but apache serves up my
> *.php files as plain text. It seems I need libphp5.so or similar, but
> I can't find that anywhere on my system. Neither is there a mod_php in
> the Apache directories.
> Any ideas?
in your main apache config you'll need some php related lines.  When you
install mod_php from ports it will usually add the LoadModule lines
automatically.

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so

further down in your config, perhaps in your virtualhost declaration,
you'll need:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

and depending on what you want the default page to be (that is, the page
that's served if you leave off the filename on the url)

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

If you're still having problems, feel free to give me a shout.

Cheers,

ian
--
 __/_/_  w: http://darq.com/