cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is not updating

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 19 17:18:41 BST 2008

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
>> Plig's cvsup mirror is now back online, having suffered a major hardware
>> failure.
>
> Poor Plig, they are still one of the best mirrors in the UK.
>
> I caved in and switched to portsnap this week. Whilst it's no replacement
> for CVS or cvsup, it seems blazingly fast. The closest portsnap mirror seems
> to be in .ch. Any plans for a UK mirror? The docs mention that having
> portsnap servers nearby doesn't make much difference, though -- and if it's
> this fast, I wonder too.

If someone can tell us how to set it up, I'd think Tony and I would be happy
to have one running on cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org.  Better even would be someone
willing to tell me how to set it up, and then do the necessary testing to
decide if it is, in fact, useful.

I also have an outstanding request to also mirror NetBSD and OpenBSD cvsup on
cvsup3, which I hopefully will get a chance to look at soon.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge