cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is not updating

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 19 17:15:14 BST 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
>> That would Easynet; or at least Plig was an Easynet site. Perhaps they will
>> fix it, or perhaps not, but anyway I've redesignated it cvsup1 and made
>> cvsup a CNAME to cvsup3 - which is fast and available. Let's see how it
>> copes with the load :).
>
> Just as a matter of curiousity, I see cvsup3 has IPv6 connectivity -- but
> not for cvsup:
>
> Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile" Connecting to
> cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org Cannot connect to 2001:630:200:8080:20e:cff:fe09:a69c:
> Connection refused Connected to 131.111.8.41 Server software version:
> SNAP_16_1h
>
> Is that likely to change any time soon?

I'm just resurfacing after being on travel on and off for a month -- perhaps
someone else has answered already, but perhaps not :-).  cvsupd does not have
native IPv6 support -- there are patches, but a bug in m3 prevents them from
working properly.  The usualy workaround is to do something like netcat from
the IPv6 port bound by inetd to cvsupd, but I've not had time to set that up.
There's no reason that we couldn't, and in fact every reason we should, it
just hasn't happened yet.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge