cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is not updating

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat May 17 10:25:03 BST 2008

Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Plig's cvsup mirror is now back online, having suffered a major hardware
> failure.

Poor Plig, they are still one of the best mirrors in the UK.

I caved in and switched to portsnap this week. Whilst it's no
replacement for CVS or cvsup, it seems blazingly fast. The closest
portsnap mirror seems to be in .ch. Any plans for a UK mirror? The docs
mention that having portsnap servers nearby doesn't make much
difference, though -- and if it's this fast, I wonder too.

cheers
BMS