cvsup.uk.freebsd.org is not updating

Dr Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri May 16 10:36:08 BST 2008

Plig's cvsup mirror is now back online, having suffered a major hardware
failure.

I am considering some radical DNS changes with respect to cvsup. What I
propose is that instead of the cvsupN.uk designation (where N is a number),
we instead have cvsup-host.uk, where host is a site label, i.e.
cvsup-plig.uk, cvsup-storm.uk, cvsup-cam.uk, and so forth. This would allow
individuals to connect directly to a known source without having to know
exactly what number it was. Then, we make cvsup.uk have multiple CNAME
records to load share between known good servers.

Does anyone think that this is a bad idea?
Joe