Router recommendations for FreeBSD

Lee Brotherston lee at nerds.org.uk
Wed May 14 12:42:07 BST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:13:11PM +0100, Steve Brownjohn wrote:
> (wireless or no) with built-in ADSL modem, that's friendly with FreeBSD - in
> particular, I've heard that some routers need to be set up in Internet
> Explorer, so they'd be a non-starter!

I think the browser is the only thing that would cause a router not
to be BSD-friendly assuming you're using one with an ethernet
connection (as opposed to a USB or PCI one you connected to your machine
directly).

If this is the case pretty anything Linksys will work pretty well
(they're owned by Cisco now).  And personal preference says avoid
d-link like the plague, not due to BSD unfriendlyness... just because
they suck :)

Cheers

  Lee

--