hi

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun May 4 13:14:03 BST 2008

--------------enig308058FD038FDB57FE59443A

Kunchana Mathota Arachchi wrote:

> I install Java (diablo-jdk1.5) in my FreeBSD 7 release. but when I open=

> pages with java support firefox get crashed.. what would be the reason.=
> need to fix this prob.. Help me plz

diablo-jdk is compiled for FreeBSD 6.x.  That's fine if you use it as a
stand-alone because you can just install the compat6x shlibs.  However
what you cannot do is load a plugin compiled for 6.x into an application
like Firefox compiled for 7.x -- they want to link against conflicting=20
sets of shared libraries.

Your best recourse is to use diablo-jdk to compile either java/jdk15 or
java/jdk16 -- which will get you a fully 7.x java setup including the
browser plugin.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20