Domain hosting & ISP recommendations

Jamie White jatos.software at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:15:55 GMT 2008

------=_Part_20886_32782865.1205079355210

Hi

I'm with Virgin Media, and before Virgin (who where formed from a merger of
NTL and Telewest) I was with Telewest broadband, and have been with them
since the days of the cable internet (what they called themselves when they
first started donig internet). ISP is really excellent and would never
consider going anywhere else. They also seem to have unofficially given me a
static IP which isn't too bad!!!

Anyway, to the point Virgin Media use the newer and better internet
technology, so wherever you are, you get a good connection (unlike with
ADSL), you will quite likely get a better upstream (my connection is
currently quite comfortably hosting a live website accessed quite a lot).
Also, if you live in Kent, it won't be long till you get 30/50mb fibre to
home by the sounds of things!

Find an ADSL provider, or in fact any provider, who will beat that...

Jamie

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Lee Brotherston <lee at nerds.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 12:39:47PM +0000, Tim Borgeaud wrote:
> > Zen looks like a reasonable choice, I was wondering if anyone has any
> > other good recommendations?
>
> I'm not suggesting someone new, but I'll second the Zen option.  I've
> been with them for the last 3 years and can honestly say that any
> price difference has always been more than compensated for in great
> service and tech support who actually know what they're talking about.
>
> Cheers
>
>  Lee
>
> --
> Lee Brotherston - <lee at nerds.org.uk>

--
Jamie

------=_Part_20886_32782865.1205079355210

Hi<br><br>I&#39;m with Virgin Media, and before Virgin (who where formed from a merger of NTL and Telewest) I was with Telewest broadband, and have been with them since the days of the cable internet (what they called themselves when they first started donig internet). ISP is really excellent and would never consider going anywhere else. They also seem to have unofficially given me a static IP which isn&#39;t too bad!!!<br>
&gt; other good recommendations?<br>
been with them for the last 3 years and can honestly say that any<br>
price difference has always been more than compensated for in great<br>
service and tech support who actually know what they&#39;re talking about.<br>
Cheers<br>
 &nbsp;Lee<br>
--<br>

------=_Part_20886_32782865.1205079355210--