exim and queue

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Fri Jan 25 13:47:00 GMT 2008

> I have an exim server and every Thursday we send out over 30000 mails,
> our current smtp_accept_queue_per_connection is defaulted to 10, I want
> to change this to 100, anyone think this might cause a problem?

I am not sure how this will help you - you are *sending* lots of mails
not reciving them arent you ? That variable controlls what happens to
incomming mail, not outgoing.

I used to send a lot of bulk email via exim - generally I fund the best
technique was to queue it, and then have a queue runner on a very short
interval with a fairly high maximum number in parallel. That way you end up
with a lot of parallel deliveries after a short time, and it seems to
be fairly efficient.

-pete.