uk.freebsd.org -- how to get new cvsup mirrors added?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 16 16:00:27 GMT 2008

I hope everyone's having a good new year -- a couple of general questions
about uk.FreeBSD.org infrastructure:

Tony Finch and I are in the throes of setting up a new cvsup mirror at
Cambridge, courtesy the Cambridge Computing Service, and I was wondering who I
should be prodding to get it hooked up as a cvsupX.uk.FreeBSD.org mirror when
the time comes?

While perusing ukug.uk.freebsd.org, I noticed that the information there is a
tad bit dated, especially for http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/faq.shtml.  In
particular, Walnut Creek CD-ROM hasn't existed for a few years.  Do we know
who to bother to get it updated?

Finally, as some of you may already be aware, we're proposing that EuroBSDCon
2009 should be hosted in the UK, and quite likely in Cambridge (EuroBSDCCam?).
It's pretty early days, but it looks like UKUUG will be willing to help
support the conference administratively and financially, and has put up a
brief notice about it on their web site.  I thought I might briefly poll for
people who might be interested in helping to support such an effort in the
FreeBSD UK community.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge