[Ukfreebsd] Questions after installing postfix

Stephen Allen sdafreebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Tue Dec 9 07:05:08 GMT 2008

Ah Stefan, I think you've hit upon something there!

> sendmail_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"

Yeah - I saw this in the handbook.

> Leaving any of the sendmail support enabled will indeed make the
> sendmail rc scripts run postfix through the mailer.conf configuration,
> but this is not what's intended, as far as I understand.

So, that's why postfix is running even though it's not enabled in
/etc/rc.conf?  It works like this, but I suppose is not a good way to
run your system - I'd better make the changes now.

Thanks very much.
Steve :)