[Ukfreebsd] Questions after installing postfix

tim matthews tmatthews at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 9 06:05:54 GMT 2008

One the points of Postfix was it to be as compatible as possible with
Sendmail, which about 10 years ago was the king of MTA's. Nowadays I
would say other MTA's, like Postfix/Qmail/Exim and Exchange are now
almost even with Sendmail.

Sendmail is still sadly still the default MTA on FreeBSD. Switching
over to Postfix on FreeBSD should be very painless.

Do check your ps -aux to see if Postfix is indeed running and do check
the headers of the emails sent out, just to make sure.

Otherwise, I think the process of replacing Sendmail with Postfix may
have been easier than you thought!

t.