IP KVM recommendations?

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 14:07:47 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an IP KVM solution, ideally one
that can be used through a web browser or over something like VNC?  A
long time ago, HP used to offer a Java-based one which was nice, but
they seem to have dropped this product now and now sell what appears to
be a rebadged Avocent KVM.  I really don't like the Avocent products,
they are unpleasant to use and the client isn't cross-platform.

Ideally I'd like it to be a multi-port version so that I don't need an
external KVM, but I'd also be interested in people's experience of the
single port solutions like the Adderlink VNC-based box.

Can anybody recommend anything available in the UK?

Thanks,

Gavin