FreeBSD filesystem types

Stephen Allen sdafreebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Thu May 17 11:18:03 BST 2007

Thanks James,

I found in the FreeBSD handbook, that any partition type upwards from d
is ok to use (d used to have a special meaning, but not now).

Just to check I'm going to be doing this right... I can use sysinstall
or fdisk to create the actual slice, but use 'bsdlabel -e' to edit the
partition table to give me a) an extra swap partition because I also
upgraded the memory, and b) the rest of the slice as a single partition?

Thanks,
Steve