List maintainer

N.J. Mann njm at njm.f2s.com
Thu Jun 14 11:38:12 BST 2007

Hi Brian,

On Thursday, 14 June, 2007 at 00:43:46 -0700, Brian Somers wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:07:40 +0100 "N.J. Mann" <njm at njm.f2s.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know a _working_ email address for the admin of this list?
> > I get bounce messages (user unknown) when I try to email the published
> > one.  And when I email the postmaster@ address given in the bounce
> > messages, that gets bounced (again, user unknown) as well!  :-(
>
> The admin is Joe Karthauser - joe at taodotorg

Yes, a couple of other people emained me that information privately.
Joe's FreeBSD email address is even on the web page for the list, as one
respondent pointed out.  But silly me, I sent my original message to the
email address given in the email message mailman sends when you
subscribe to the list.  That is the one that bounces.  And the personal
account that is bouncing is not for a gentleman named Joe.  Anyway, I
have emailed Joe and await his response.

> > --
> > Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.
>
> Errum, ok.  To address elided.

Sorry about that, but I haven't been able to come up with a wording that
everyone takes notice of.  Every message I send to a list has the
some people insist on sending replies to me and the list.  I don't mind
people responding in private, but if I have indicated that I am happy
that they only send the response to the list I wish they would!

Sorry for the rant!  :-)

And many thanks to all those who responded to my initial message whether
on the list or off.

Cheers,
       Nick.