(no subject)

David Birch d_birch at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 04:49:09 BST 2007

--_eb670735-5c37-4a3d-894c-b00e253b89ca_

Hey,
=20
I'm studying my first year of Forensic Computing at Staffordshire Universit=
y and thought it about time I made myself familiar with a UNIX variant. I s=
earched online and came across FreeBSD which I've now set my heart upon bec=
oming familiar with. I've got a HP nx6325 laptop computer with AMD Turion 6=
4 X2 processor. I've re-jigged my disk with partition manager and left ~60g=
igs running windows and set aside ~20gigs for a FreeBSD installation, but I=
'm scared! I've read a lot of complicated sounding horror stories and detai=
led fixes for some errors HP has apparently allowed to slip through the net=
 with regards the BIOS and ACPI? My question is, has anyone got any experie=
nce of installing freebsd on an nx6325 and could they please talk me throug=
h what I'll need to do in order to get the basics up and running in real si=
mple terms - kinda an idiots guide.

--_eb670735-5c37-4a3d-894c-b00e253b89ca_

<head>
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
&nbsp;<BR>
I'm studying my first year of Forensic Computing at Staffordshire Universit=
y and thought it about time I made myself familiar with a UNIX variant. I s=
earched online and came across FreeBSD which I've now set my heart upon bec=
oming familiar with. I've got a HP nx6325 laptop computer with AMD Turion 6=
4 X2 processor. I've re-jigged my disk with partition manager and left ~60g=
igs running windows and set aside ~20gigs for a FreeBSD installation, but I=
'm scared! I've read a lot of complicated sounding horror stories and detai=
led fixes for some errors HP has apparently allowed to slip through the net=
 with regards the BIOS and ACPI? My question is, has anyone got any experie=
nce of installing freebsd on an nx6325 and could they please talk me throug=
h what I'll need to do in order to get the basics up and running in real si=
mple terms - kinda an idiots guide.<BR><br /><hr />Play Movie Mash-up and w=
in  <a href=3D'https://www.moviemashup.co.uk' target=3D'_new'>BIG prizes! <=
/a></body>

--_eb670735-5c37-4a3d-894c-b00e253b89ca_--