Sorting the list out.

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sat Jul 21 10:28:22 BST 2007

--wg9FEZT+WCTrEXgJ

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 09:08:53AM +0100, Christopher Dawkins wrote:
>=20
> > The list has been running on an unsupported version of mailman on an
> > unsupported machine for several years, and it's been totally unmanaged
> > too to boot!
>=20
> Seems fine.
>=20
> The reliability of FreeBSD.
>=20
> Netcraft say it was set up on Apache 1.3.12 on 12th December 2000 and
> upgraded to 1.3.26 on 1st July 2002, and it's still running on that. We'd
> all expect a system such as this to run for five, ten or fifty years
> without maintenance or management. That's why we use it.
>=20

Yup; however there are about 36000 requests in the admin queue, and the
web interface doesn't allow me to dump them all in one go.  Since we
switched to 'subscriber only' the spam problem turned into an admin
problem.  I don't have shell access to the machine any more, in fact I
don't think anyone really has routinely; it's an old Pavilion internet
server which has never been subsumed into other Easynet services.  I
hope to address the spam and admin problem at the same time.

Joe

--wg9FEZT+WCTrEXgJ

--wg9FEZT+WCTrEXgJ--