Question: Moving an Office

Dominic Marks dom at helenmarks.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 10:05:20 GMT 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:28:55 +0100
Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke at hanse.de> wrote:

> Very good advice so far, the only thing I can add from my last office
> move (24 desks plus 40 dev. and production servers) from one floor of
> the building to another: make sure equipment fits through doors.
> Although we had planned the main distribution room meticuously,
> including exact placement of the rack (make sure the door opens
> fully), size of conduits for the data cables etc., we had to break
> off moving the main rack since it didn't fit through the door of the
> new room.  Luckily, we could find the right hex bit at a nearby store
> the next morning, take the rack apart outside and finish installing
> it before the work day started, but we sure felt stupid :-)

:-)

The current racks won't fit out of the door of our existing
room. Only have access to the front of them as well, otherwise
they are squeezed in completely tight.

Getting them out is going to be <bad words> etc ...

Oh hum. At least I get a chance to fix the mistakes of those
who went before me this time!

[Who is currently reading the book suggested yesterday, Thanks
everyone really appreciate it]

> Good luck,
> Stefan

Dom