Question: Moving an Office

Stefan Bethke stefan.bethke at hanse.de
Mon Jan 8 22:28:55 GMT 2007

Very good advice so far, the only thing I can add from my last office
move (24 desks plus 40 dev. and production servers) from one floor of
the building to another: make sure equipment fits through doors.
Although we had planned the main distribution room meticuously,
including exact placement of the rack (make sure the door opens
fully), size of conduits for the data cables etc., we had to break
off moving the main rack since it didn't fit through the door of the
new room.  Luckily, we could find the right hex bit at a nearby store
the next morning, take the rack apart outside and finish installing
it before the work day started, but we sure felt stupid :-)

Good luck,
Stefan