Standalone database

dan at compsupport.co.uk dan at compsupport.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 17:29:37 GMT 2007

I am looking for a little database similar to Dbase III. I know well and still use Dbase II in dos but am limited by the 10,2 value size of numerical fields.

I do not want any visual, windows or tabular stuff as I am a (.) command prompt person. I have Dbase IV and 5 for dos but this gives me to much tabular stuff and choices. Ideally an old copy of Base III or III+ would be ideal. I did have a version once but the 5.25 disks got corrupted.

If there is a database out there that fills my requirement then I am running msdos 6, windows 3.11, Novell netware 5, win98se, Win2000 advanced server and of course FreeBSD 4.7 with ppp internet dialup and samba.

Thanks

Dan