FreeBSD file copies

Peter Kirk peterki at korbitec.com
Mon Feb 12 14:38:54 GMT 2007

Hi All=20

Im trying to get my freebsd server too transfer data faster.  There are
no duplex miss matches on the switch..... and its running a 100MB
connection.

When I copy files via scp from freebsd to freebsd I get just 50MB, but
when I copy via scp from freebsd to windows I get below 10MB.

The way I came across this is that im trying to restore data using the
be-agent, and it was just taking to long to restore the data. So I did
some tests to find out the speeds and found out that freebsd transfers
are slow.

Is there anyway to make Freebsd transfer data faster.

Im currently running FreeBSD 6.2 and the server is a P4 with 1GB or
memory.

Thanks
Peter