Mail server question

James james at root.org.za
Tue Dec 4 22:36:26 GMT 2007

Hello Richard,

I'm not quite sure if the following suggestion will provide you with what
you require as you did not specify whether these mailboxes are for multiple
users (or just yourself) and if there will be a need for further independent
retrieval.

Anyhow... Have a look at getmail (it is available via ports).

I've not used it myself but it looks pretty extensible and is based upon
fetchmail which I used quite a bit in the past.

You could then set up a POP daemon on your retrieval server and collect mail
using your usual mail reader/client that way.

Good luck!

 - James
 - "My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my
life there."
 -   	-- Charles Kettering
 - http://james.antecedent.org