BBC, RealPlayer and FreeBSD

sam pikesley freebsd-users at pikesley.org
Thu Apr 26 21:13:41 BST 2007

------=_Part_190910_2678214.1177618421889

You can bypass realplayer completely, you know. mplayer can play real
streams. For example, to listen to Test Match Special:

mplayer -playlist
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream_sportsextra.ram

It's not the most elegant solution, but it works (more reliably than
realplayer, in my experience). Now if somebody has a good idea about how to
make Firefox invoke this when I click on a .ram link, I'd be very interested
to hear about it...

Sam