How to reinstall bind9?

Stephen Allen freebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Mon Sep 18 22:09:41 BST 2006

Well, I'm almost fixed.  It took me a while to realise that mergemaster
didn't recreate the symlink to /var/named/etc/namedb, but I did this and
I have some limited success.  I can run /usr/local/sbin/namedb, but
/etc/rc.d/named doesn't start (stops, but doesn't do anything when I try
to start).  I looked at the rc script and it looks for everything in
/etc/namedb.  I used the port to install bind9 and made sure *not* to
choose the replace base option, so presumed it would create the
neccesary rc script for me, but that's apparently not the case.

So, I'm almost there... is there anything else I should do?

Many thanks so far,
Steve :)