How to reinstall bind9?

Stephen Allen freebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Mon Sep 18 09:18:37 BST 2006

Thanks Edmund,

I use FreeBSD and installed from the CD.  I use 'portsnap fetch update'
on a regular basis to keep my ports tree up-to-date, so does that mean I
have an up-t-date src tree?  And what is mergemaster?

This problem all came around originally because Bind installed into base
rather than userland.  I suppose it was possible I installed it as part
of the system install then when it upgraded it kept the same locations.

Many thanks,
Steve :)