Installing Xorg (running inside VMware)

Stephen Allen freebsduk at rowyerboat.com
Fri Sep 8 00:03:17 BST 2006

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 6.1 inside VMware.  So far, so good, but when I
install Xorg, and type "Xorg -configure" I get a blank screen, and I
couldn't get out of it, not even with CTRL_ALT_BACKSPACE.  I wasn't able
to switch to a text terminal using CTRL_ALT_F1 either.  In the end I
restarted using an ssh session from the host PC, and xorg.conf.new seems
to work.  However, I was just wondering how I could get out of that
blank screen situation without rebooting for next time?

Many thanks
Steve :)