Boot fail, please help!

Mervyn Passmore mpassmore at m-p.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 16:01:23 BST 2006

I asked a question about a failing hard drive last week, but before I had a
chance to deal with it we had a power cut here in Brighton! The power is now
just back on.

Now my server will not boot, as it fails to get a satisfactory response from
my failed slave hard drive.

I think I need to edit fstab to remove the drive, but now nothing I am
familiar with is available to do that with! Neither ee nor vi are available
(not found) and the folders appear empty - I guess it is to do with booting
in some single user mode? Or the wrong shell? I chose the default /bib/sh

Can anyone tell me how to edit fstab, or how to boot into normal mode so I
can get started?

Thanks,

Mervyn