Developing a Freebsd Graphical Install

Tim McCormick tim at timmcc.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 08:34:18 GMT 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:16:08 +0100, "Mrad James deane" <xtremejames183 at msn.com> wrote:
> Hi,guys i'm starting to develop a freebsd graphical wizard install like
> linux distribution do, so i'm searching for persons who could help me to
> make the project real.
> if you are interested please send me a mail:
> xtremejames183 at msn.com
>
> thanks,
> james

Be aware there are currently two desktop 'distributions' of FreeBSD which I'm aware of, both of which include nice graphical installers. PC-BSD (pcbsd.org) and DesktopBSD (desktopbsd.org). In fact, both of these projects have just released new versions of their installers. You could simply use one of them (build from svn) or use one as a base to expand upon.

Saves you doing a bit of development work ;)

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD System Developer