My slides from BSDCan2006, FreeBSD Developer Summit (fwd)

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 20 18:15:22 BST 2006

Not sure if anyone here is interested, but since there was discussion about
what (if any) FreeBSD stuff happens in the UK, I figured I'd forward this
over.  Quite a bit of FreeBSD work happens on my desk(s) in Cambridge. :-)

Yahoo! recently sent me a rather nice dual-core, dual-processor amd64 HP
server, which has fans like a jet engine.  For those interested, the
conversation went something like this:

<Yahoo> How come you target all your work at [low end machines]?
<rwatson> Because I don't have any high-end hardare.
<Yahoo> Oh.

It took about a week to extract from customs, but has all been going well from
there.  :-)

Robert N M Watson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:37:13 +0100 (BST)
From: Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org>
To: current at FreeBSD.org, arch at FreeBSD.org
Subject: My slides from BSDCan2006, FreeBSD Developer Summit

For those interested:

     http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/2006bsdcan/

20060511-devsummit-network-cabal-summary.pdf - Notes from the 10 May 2006
Meeting of the Network Stack Cabal (Developer Summit)

20060511-devsummit-smpng-network-summary.pdf - SMPng Network Stack Update
(Developer Summit)

20060511-devsummit-trustedbsd-mac-framework-retrofit.pdf - TrustedBSD Project
Update (Developer Summit)

20060512-bsdcan2006-how-freebsd-works.pdf - How the FreeBSD Project Works
(BSDCan 2006 Full Conference)

Robert N M Watson