Modems

Keith McKenzie keith at gnutux2.fsnet.co.uk
Fri May 19 23:03:06 BST 2006

k k  wrote :-
> what kind of modem do you have?

Thanks for your interest.....

 I have a SupraExpress 56i Pro (Rockwell chipset) in one, and an Askey
Magnia SG20 (Lucent Winmodem) in the other. The Askey will hopfully work
with the ltmodem package, and the SupraExpress should work straight off.

I haven't got around to trying to set up *BSD ppp yet, as I fiddle with
quite a few different operating systems (purely as a hobby). I may do a bit
of scripting and/or programming, if the mood takes me, (nothing serious
though).

I also dual, triple, and multi boot my machines as the fancy takes me, (I
guess I just have a bit of a grasshopper mindset). I suppose, I see
computing as my equivalent of a crossword puzzle.....

Keith