What we're doing with FreeBSD (was Re: Newbies or trolls?)

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 17:07:21 BST 2006

I got into FreeBSD back in 2003 when v5.0 was released, I first
installed it on my AlphaStation 250 & was really impressed by how fast
it ran compared to the so called Alpha optimised Compaq release of
Deadrat 7.2
After playing with it for a while I realised that 5.0 was still too
experimental for a complete n00b & so I rolled back to 4.7,then a few
months later I began playing with OpenBSD & now use a mixture of the 2
on my home & office networks aswell as for clients.
OpenBSD for firewalls, routing, dns, mail & serving static sites &
FreeBSD for AMP hosting & chillispot based wifi hotspots.

I'm also the maintainer for the Chillispot port for FreeBSD.

Sevan
--
"The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth." - Mark Brandon Read