Installing BSd

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Tue May 16 05:55:45 BST 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 08:51:27AM +0100, Andrew Stevens wrote:
> I have downloaded all 3 disks and am trying to install bsd from 3 cd's but
> when I insert Boot iso cd I can not get the pc to boot. Have burnt Iso
> twice. I have set my Bios to boot from cd but it just keeps running widows.
> I have a Celron 733mz PC with 256MB of Ram
> Can anybody suggest anyting

Under Windows, check that CD1 "works" as a data CD - you should be able
to see files on it. If you can't, you have either downloaded the ISO
image incorrectly (you need to use binary mode), or the burn didn't
work.

Try booting from it.

If that doesn't work, back to Windows, and make some boot floppies and
try those. Some old machines are unable to boot from "El Torito" (?)
CDs. You should find instructions on how to make the floppies in a file
called INSTALL.TXT (I think that's the one, I don't have a boot CD
handy) on the CD.

--
Adrian Wontroba