What we're doing with FreeBSD (was Re: Newbies or trolls?)

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Mon May 15 17:16:12 BST 2006

On 5/15/06, Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> wrote:

> Bizzarely, I don't have any FreeBSD boxes at home any more though.
> Need to get myself a new workhorse on that front, but I'm now Apple
> and Windows on the desktop with FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris shoved out
> into distant data centres I no longer ever have to visit.

Yep, same here.  I got into FreeBSD as more a hobby than professional
work so I can't really give a spiel about what I've achieved lately.
Used to run FreeBSD as a desktop for a few years (usually get called
all manner of things for this - nothing pleasant), but gave that
hardware to my parents.  Running OS X when the hardware works (Intel
mac mini - rubbish WIFI).  Wouldn't mind another box for FreeBSD and
start playing about (fixing/hacking) with the webcam drivers/ports
again.  Use Linux in my day job (due to the nature of the work).

--=20
Gerald Davies