Installing BSd

k k ingou88 at yahoo.gr
Mon May 15 14:50:53 BST 2006

--- Andrew Stevens <andrewcstevens at msn.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded all 3 disks and am trying to
> install bsd from 3 cd's but
> when I insert Boot iso cd I can not get the pc to
> boot. Have burnt Iso
> twice. I have set my Bios to boot from cd but it
> just keeps running widows.
> I have a Celron 733mz PC with 256MB of Ram
> Can anybody suggest anyting
>
> thanks
> andrew

> ------

when u write [burn] a disk with an iso image. u say
that u want to burn an image, its different from just
writing the *.iso file to disk.

there are 2 disks for instalation and one 'boot only'
just burn the 2 disks. not the boot only

from them, you go on with installation.

hope u have two disks, cause bsd is not linux.
and is not that friendly in use if ur not familiar.

the instalation disks are named 1 and 2. u start
with 1 and.......welcome to FreeBSD

cya

×ñçóéìïðïéåßôå Yahoo!;
ÂáñåèÞêáôå ôá åíï÷ëçôéêÜ ìçíýìáôá (spam); Ôï Yahoo! Mail
äéáèÝôåé ôçí êáëýôåñç äõíáôÞ ðñïóôáóßá êáôÜ ôùí åíï÷ëçôéêþí
ìçíõìÜôùí http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr