help?

Andy tirawa1959 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 14 16:32:52 BST 2006

--0-507374748-1147620772=:55218

I recently bought a Sun Ultra 30 with the aim of using freeBSD as an operating system in preference to Solaris.  I downloaded the correct version of freebsd and burned it to disk.  The installation on the Sun seemed to go well and after installation I rebooted my system, entered my username and password.  These were accepted, and I was presented with an onscreen cursor, so I assume that the OS needs me to input something else at this point, but what?  I get the same problem when I try logging into the root account as well.  Am I (a unix novice) doing something wrong?  Is there some secret that I know nothing about, or could this simply be some kind of problem with my machine, which runs Solaris with no problems at all?

--0-507374748-1147620772=:55218

I recently bought a Sun Ultra 30 with the aim of using freeBSD as an operating system in preference to Solaris.&nbsp; I downloaded the correct version of freebsd and burned it to disk.&nbsp; The installation on the Sun seemed to go well and after installation I rebooted my system, entered my username and password.&nbsp; These were accepted, and I was presented with an onscreen cursor, so I assume that the OS needs me to input something else at this point, but what?&nbsp; I get the same problem when I try logging into the root account as well.&nbsp; Am I (a unix novice) doing something wrong?&nbsp; Is there some secret that I know nothing about, or could this simply be some kind of problem with my machine, which runs Solaris with no problems at all?<br><p>Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
--0-507374748-1147620772=:55218--