fsck_y_enable="YES"

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Fri May 5 10:38:57 BST 2006

--5dNcufZ4prhark0F

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 10:27:06AM +0100, Mark Ackroyd wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> how can I get FreeBSD 6 to perform a extensive check and fix on bootup ev=
ery
> time.  Will adding fsck_y_enable=3D"YES" in the rc.conf work on BSD 6?

No, that just prevents the system from dropping to single user if the
preen fails.

We don't provide a mechanism to do what you want as far as I'm aware,
but you will want to set background_fsck to NO, and probably edit
/etc/rc.d/fsck to change the "fsck -p" invocation to "fsck -f".

Ceri
--=20
                                                  -- Moliere

--5dNcufZ4prhark0F