DNS

James james at root.org.za
Fri Mar 31 17:24:39 BST 2006

>>This is a caching only box as all his major DNS information is held by=20
>>his ISP.  He has been having alot of problem with his caching name=20
>>server and wants to move to a Freebsd box.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest a good safe way to carry this type of carrying out=20
>>this operation?  I was thinking along the lines of a Freebsd box with=20
>>djbdns as a caching name server. Would that be safe and secure for him=20
>>to use?
>>=20=20
>>
>Why not just use bind? It works pretty well "out of the box" on FreeBSD. It
would also be able to handle any DNS
>needed for an internal intranet and/or dynamic DNS updates from windows
PC's.

>Chris.

I'm in agreement on that, not to mention that bind is easy to setup and use.

 - James
 - "Praise is well, compliment is well, but affection-
 -  that is the last and most precious reward that any man can win,
 -  whether by character or achievement." -- Mark Twain
 - http://james.antecedent.org

--=20
E-mail service notification:

This message has been scanned for spam, viruses and other potentially dange=
rous content and is believed to be clean. https://www.ixi-devices.net/maili=
nfo/