DNS

Kevin kgilpin_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 07:04:01 BST 2006

Hi,

I was wandering if any one could suggest some thing for the following
setup.

A friend has a windows 2003 network his current setup uses Microsoft
External DNS server for resolving names for his internal network.

This is a caching only box as all his major DNS information is held by his
ISP.  He has been having alot of problem with his caching name server and
wants to move to a Freebsd box.

Can anyone suggest a good safe way to carry this type of carrying out this
operation?  I was thinking along the lines of a Freebsd box with djbdns as
a caching name server. Would that be safe and secure for him to use?

Thanks

Kevin