Reminder: Manchester BSDUG, tonight

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 10:06:05 GMT 2006

In case you hadn't taken up our offer of a spiffy iCal feed and you
needed a reminder, this month's Manchester BSD User Group meeting/
lager-digestion-symposium[*] is tonight, Tuesday the 7th March.

We will be meeting sometime around 7:30pm at the Sandbar, Grosvenor
Street, Manchester. If you need directions, just ask.

One update from last week's posting is that we've discovered since
then that a few of us are founding members of the Open Rights Group -
recently founded and with a similar remit to the EFF but focused on
the UK:

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

There was a plan for our May meeting to coincide with the Manchester
ORG meeting, however because of Suw Charman's other commitments, that
meeting is now likely to be a week or so after. I expect this evening
there will be some discussion of the ORG meeting, which will
hopefully be attended by more than a few Northern BSD'ers. Details
here (but the date is wrong):

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/orgwiki/index.php/Manchester_Meeting_%
282nd_May_2006%29

Also, please be prepared for lots of whining tonight about
portupgrade -a. :-)

In addition, at around 6pm tonight, I'm likely to be heading out for
food somewhere in town and I know a couple of people straggle around
town before the BSD meeting, so if you want to meet up for food, give
me a shout.

See you tonight!

[*] - No lager for me: it's Lent. Come, watch me lick my lips and
lightly sweat as I stare longingly at beautiful, cold-frosted pints
of Krombacher and Budvar. Gasp, as I sit on my hands, nervously
twitching towards the bar hoping to smell the waft of hoppy ale.
Chuckle as friends check I haven't laced my soft drink with something
"extra"...

--
Paul Robinson