Uninstalling ssmtp

CB charles-brewster at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 5 13:26:32 GMT 2006

Hello Ed

Many thanks for that - I'll make a note.

I ran through Ceri's 'howto' and all went reasonably smoothly, then =
upgraded
to sendmail-8.31.5 with a 'build install' as outlined in the 'Bat Book'.
Skipped the pgp validation as I couldn't find sources for pgp which =
would
compile properly for FreeBSD on i386.

Sendmail now appears to be running fine and I can send emails to myself =
as
'root' at least - only another thousand or so Bat-pages to cruise =
through
and I'll hopefully be able to have home-hosted email!

Many thanks for all help and suggestions.

Best regards
Charles B