Uninstalling ssmtp

CB charles-brewster at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 4 01:07:02 GMT 2006

Hi Steve

Thanks for the suggestion - that was about the first thing I tried

All it gives me is:
make: don't know how to make uninstall. Stop

I used 'find' to locate ssmtp also in=20
/usr/ports/distfiles/ssmtp
But 'make uninstall' in that directory gives the same error.

The sources appear to be in
/usr/ports/distfiles/ssmtp/work/ssmtp-2.61
That doesn't seem to get me much further though.

Maybe I'll just try doing a fresh 'sendmail' install and that will =
unhook
ssmtp - I can't see that it will do any harm, as I couldn't get ssmtp to
help with what I wanted originally anyway (send emails from within php) =
and
wound up using perl's Net::SMTP and MIME::Lite extensions instead.

I saw something on one of the UseNet lists that doing an install of
'postfix' would effectively uninstall (or at least deconfigure) ssmtp, =
but I
think that was on a Linux platform. Just guessing that the same might =
work
with FreeBSD if I were to try reinstalling/upgrading 'sendmail'.

Thanks for any further clarifications

Best
Charles B