Struggling with the basics

Alex Dyas alex.dyas at interoute.com
Wed Jun 28 09:48:56 BST 2006

Stephen Allen wrote:
> c) bash doesn't seem to do color highlighting, eg. ls

Interestingly this is one of the first things I turn off when I log into
a Linux box along with the other default aliases.  One of the biggest
user experience differences I find between Linux and FreeBSD is that you
need to turn all this stuff on with BSD (if you want it) where most
Linux distros assume you want it on by default.  I prefer BSD's approach.

Anyhoo, welcome Stephen :)

Alex..
--
-= Alex Dyas - UNIX - Interoute - Geneva =-