Manchester (UK) BSD UG, 4th July

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 09:43:20 BST 2006

Manchester BSD User Group - Tuesday 4th July 2006

The Manchester, UK BSD User Group will be attempting a meeting on the
4th July at the Briton's Protection Pub on Great Bridgewater Street,
Manchester

What?
-----

A bunch of BSD users/sys admins/developers congregate in a public
house in Manchester and talk about nonsense until we've had enough.
It is rare that BSD itself is actually ever mentioned (sat nav, mp3
players, ORG issues, the job market, etc. often take priority)

This is not a formal 'user group' meeting, and is more like a bunch
of friends meeting down the pub - all are welcome, no matter what
level of knowledge they have of BSD.

However, in the past, people have threatened to travel hundreds of
miles to visit us. Please don't do that. We'll feel guilty for starters.

Where/When?
-----------

We've moved our regular location to the Briton's Protection in an
attempt to find somewhere that isn't incredibly noisy. Alas, the
Briton's (unless it's a sunny evening and we head for the beer
garden), is incredibly dark. Darkness is better than noise. Please
note, there are a couple of rooms behind the bar when you walk into
the pub, so we may take a little bit of finding.

We meet on the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm, and we normally
hang around until around 9-10pm. You can find details of the pub here:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/11/1127/
Britons_Protection_Hotel/Castlefield

Anything else?

Attendance is patchy, and this month I might not be able to make it
myself, therefore I ask for a heads-up on who can/can't attend. If
there aren't enough people, the reminder notice next week will in
fact be a cancellation notice. There aren't many of us BSD hackers in
Manchester, so it's normal for the meeting to end up being no more
than 3 of us.

If you're planning on turning up for the first time ever, or even the
first time in a long while, give me a shout and we'll look out for you.