How well would BSD run on this laptop

Kevin O'Connor kevin at ziptek-technologies.co.uk
Sat Jun 24 18:45:00 BST 2006

I've got pcbsd 1.1 running on a 500 with 256 meg, yes it does use the swap
file and graphics are not great by todays standard but as a laptop for
picking up mail doing a bit of surfing and editing the odd doc with open
office it's useable as long as you do one job at a time.
It really is down to the laptop hardware some of that old kit is a real pain
to get stuff working on, if it has a cd that it can boot from I suggest you
try a live distro.

Kevin