Portupgrade won't upgrade

Edmund Craske edmund at m00is.net
Thu Jun 22 15:22:36 BST 2006

Sorry to butt in, and I have trouble with editing messages inline...
I'll just say that I don't believe this is anything to do with the way
portupgrade works, but to do with the way that the ports system works.
When it's installing portupgrade, it checks for a file that
ldconfig_compat should have installed, and as it doesn't find it, it
assumes that ldconfig_compat isn't installed, and tries to install it.
When it does this, it finds that it's already installed, and dies. So
you need to work out why the file that it's looking for isn't there,
and/or persuade portupgrade to install anyway (eg edit the makefile and
remove its check for ldconfig_compat).

Ed