Boot Loader

k k ingou88 at yahoo.gr
Thu Jun 22 10:29:49 BST 2006

--- Jai Bhagwan <jaibw at rediffmail.com> Ýãñáøå:

> Hi all
>
> I m new to FreeBSD. But have linux knowledge. Can
> anybody tell me about boot loader of FreeBSD.
> I m also disable the BootLoader Menu, so that it
> boots like NetBSD.

grub :

install grub
in /boot/grub has menu.lst

primary disk is FreeBSD

menu.lst:

# By default, boot the first entry.
default 1

# Boot automatically after 30 secs.
timeout 30
# BSD
title freeBSD
root     (hd0,0,a)
kernel /boot/loader

# For booting Windows NT or Windows95
title Windows XP / Windows 2K boot menu
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
rootnoverify        (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
# For loading DOS if Windows NT is installed
# chainload /bootsect.dos
--------------

 thats for my box. i want to start in windows[warming
the disk], thats why i have 'default 1'
  and that is when you have two disks.

 i dont know the way it goes on a simple disk.

 once i had a ufs partition on a disk that had
windows.
 was gone to outer space. because when you install BSD
it says something about geometry, isnt it? if it
says......... soon or later........ kabooooooooooom

----
  think that you got some help

×ñçóéìïðïéåßôå Yahoo!;
ÂáñåèÞêáôå ôá åíï÷ëçôéêÜ ìçíýìáôá (spam); Ôï Yahoo! Mail
äéáèÝôåé ôçí êáëýôåñç äõíáôÞ ðñïóôáóßá êáôÜ ôùí åíï÷ëçôéêþí
ìçíõìÜôùí http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr